Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Prego 'Firsts'

Some "firsts" since I've been pregnant:

* I ate a chicken and garlic pizza last night with hot sauce all over the top.

* I can't stand the look and smell of hummus. Typing the word makes me gag.

* I no longer can watch TLC channel without crying. Couldn't really before either. ;)

* I finally was graced with the presence of heartburn. (not surprised! I practically drink hot sauce lately.)

* I have discovered clever ways to fit into my pants. Rubber bands work wonders!

* I swear I see a million prego ladies a day where before I didn't really notice.

* Drinking water stops a couple hours before I go to bed. The bathroom has never seen so much of me in the early morning hours.

* I do the pregnant shuffle trying to get to my front door in 100 degree heat. It's awful and funny at the same time. My body just won't get up and go!

* I've had men and women touch my tummy. Some asking 'how many' I have in there. ;(

* My husband has been a saint. (Not saying that he never was before the baby Ala) He cooks, helps me clean, does laundry, and the best of all has been cleaning the cat box! Holy cow I never thought I'd see the day when Jeremy would be scoopin' cat poo.

* I'm scared. I've never felt so vulnerable. I pray that everything is going good in that tiny basketball belly of mine. It's hard not knowing until your next appointment that your baby is healthy and has a heartbeat.

* I can't wait to be a mom. I also can't wait to see Jeremy, mom, and dad be the best family our children could ever hope for. It's a fun journey for sure!


The belly pictures will soon make their debut. ;)

3 comments:

Myrna said...

Next will be: you'll know where ALL the bathrooms are in the mall, or any store you frequent for that matter.
And as of now, if you haven't already realized it~now that you're expecting, you will never again be alone in your thoughts...
Embrace and enjoy the journey! You and Jeremy are going to be WONDERFUL parents!
Love you!
Myrn

terri said...

I love this blog, very cute ;) Funny things to remember when you get my age and forget all the silly little things you go through being pregnant ;p

Toni said...

Awh Jess.. this is so cute. Glad you are doing well. Could you stop by the office and say hi sometime. Everyone would love to see you that is for sure. Miss you sweetie. Take care.