Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Luke 19:40


I've had this scripture stuck in my head all morning. I see these well dressed grouchy faced pharisees waddling up to Jesus. All of them throwing their hands in the air trying to get his attention. Then the small pudgy guy of the bunch says, "Teacher rebuke your disciples!". I can picture Jesus leaning down, looking them square in the eye, and saying "I tell you if my disciples keep quiet the stones will cry out." Then without a blink and a big smirk on his flawless face he continues to ride on his donkey into the city.

It's a powerful verse I'm glad it's hanging on in my mind today. It's reminded me to continuously praise Him in all things. I'd rather join the rocks and cry out than be silent about my joy.

1 comment:

terri said...

My I be the first to say " Amen"