Friday, December 12, 2008

Nutcracker.....totally nuts!!!!

Wow. I'm really tired this morning. ;) My first Nutcracker performance was last night. There were 100's of little gumdrops, candy canes, gingerbread men (well one gingerbread boy), and lots of sugarplum fairies. They did such an amazing job! Passing out costumes before show-time had to be the most craziest part of the night, but so worth the stress. We had to run racks of clothes back and forth and unpack bins of tutus, hats, wings, and wands (which were all loaded with sequins and glitter). I looked like a sparkle fairy by the end of the night. 

Once backstage all the the little ones waiting in the wing were excited to bolt out into the spotlight. One actually did. ;) I had to run and catch her. Everything went smoothly for the most part. I got to be a toy soldier for 2 seconds and attempt to pull the canon string. Confetti was 'supposed' to fly out but it didn't work, so I smiled, took a bow, and marched back off stage. There were little mishaps here and there like Alyssa's man wig falling off (which looked super scary and freaked out a couple kids). She still rocked the mustache! I had such a good time, and to think this is my job!! I start training next week since shows are over, and will begin teaching my own classes by January. 

OH! Jeremy is taking me to see the Sacramento ballet's Nutcracker next weekend. It'll be my first one. ;) What a Christmas present!!! Pictures to follow!

1 comment:

Kathleen Ellis said...

How fun! I love the Nutcracker! My girls and I used to go every year when they were younger...with several other moms and daughters. Now they are both married and we haven't been in at least 6 or 8 years...but...we are going this Sunday...the three of us...we are so excited! I'll think of this post as I await the dancers making their way to the stage!
merry Christmas!