Friday, November 7, 2008

Gotta love the fall

So I'm sitting at my desk looking outside my window. The sun is shining and today we have no clouds in sight. The office is extremely quiet being that it's a Friday. I decided to actually be productive a few minutes ago and make some afternoon phone calls. On my first one I started to hear a buzzing sound. Then some more buzzing sounds were getting closer as I was trying to leave a message. Pretty soon it sounds like a swarm of bees are right outside my office. I hang up the phone and look out into the street. There are 7 men all with leaf blowers in hand 'moving around' fallen leaves outside. Yes, 7 of them. They were all in a group of bright yellow t-shirts. 

The purpose of a leaf blower is a little silly if you ask me. Let the wind do the job.  I could see the frustration of trying to strategically place leaves in the same place they were yesterday. 

(So tomorrow me and the gals are headed up to Apple Hill! We plan on rainy weather but it's going to be awesome. Nothing like apples, pie, and spiced cider! I just hope some of the leaves are left on the ground)

1 comment:

Apryl Kuhn said...

The other day the wind was blowing about a million miles and hour, and there was a guy faithfully blowing all the leaves onto the street. I felt like saying, "God's leaf blower is already on full power today!" haha