Saturday, November 22, 2008

Mimzy cat



Our cat has been on this 'sneaky' streak lately. I seem to have trouble finding her and then BAM she jumps out from a corner and gives me heart attack. I have to say this little hairy child of mine is more of a dog. She begs. She sits. One day I'll video her saying "mama" so you'll believe me when I say she speaks too. (no joke) Anyhow, this morning I was being productive before coming into work. I piled the whites and the darks in preparation for laundry day when I returned home. Jeremy was sound asleep and I attempted to make no noise at all. I turned and noticed I left the door open so I tip toed out and shut the door quietly. After grabbing my lunch, my purse, and unlocking the door I noticed my little cat-dog had not seen me 'farwell' like she usually does. "Hey mim" I whispered. "Mimzy where are you?" Usually by now I'd hear a faint 'beep-like meow' coming from her. Nothing. I walked into the room where her food was and she wasn't there either. "Mim stop playing where are you?" (Like cats can understand english I know). Still nothing. Then the light bulb went on in my blonde brain. Oh my gosh she's in there with Jeremy! I opened the door and looked around. Have you seen the movie ET? Of course everyone has. Remember when ET was hiding in the closet with all those stuffed animals? He looked like one of them? Well, Mimzy was in the pile of clothes laying down as still as a sculpture. I didn't even see her. Then out of nowhere the clothes fly left and right, and she bolts out from beneath her 'bunker' and nearly got a scream out of me. Crazy cat. Jeremy didn't even budge. Wish I could sleep that well! 

1 comment:

terri said...

ahhh, mimzy you are such a good hairy grandchild, we love you ;0